Sunday 13 December 2015

Cornish Vegan Love

It really has been a busy time (apologies for the lack of posts). The run up to the Cornwall Vegan Festival was busy and this weekend has only just seen the first signs of slowing down just over a week after.  The truth is I meant to do a post straight after the festival but was exhausted so goodness knows what the organisers of this amazing event felt like! Great job Cornwall Animal Action.  I think the queue outside just before opening was very much a reflection of your effort.

It might have been a 'long, busy and on your feet all day' day, but wow was it a great experience.  I heard some inspiring and educational talks (my stall was in the same room as the talks/demos), met many lovely people, had loads of chats with friends old and new, answered loads of interesting questions, swapped recipe ideas (thanks to the lovely couple who encouraged me to make the quiche from Greens 24/7, it was lush!) and generally grinned from ear to ear whilst surrounded by vegan love and the vibe of people genuinely interested in the vegan way.  It was magic.  Over the coming weeks I intend to follow up, share, explore and write about some of the various wonderful people I met during the day so watch this space.



Meanwhile, I am pleased to share that the vegan recipe/cookbook stall (with various other books and mags) I held at the festival raised £100 for Cornwall Animal Action.  The stall started off with the idea of just displaying my collection of cookbooks (in the row at the back of the photo) and other resources to show the huge amount of vegan recipe ideas out there, but then along with very kind donations (Emma you are the best!) and some cheap on-line deals I grabbed, it expanded to selling a load of vegan cookbooks.  I then added a Vegan Love Pot to the mix (a free lucky dip of vegan recipes from our blog).  A highlight of my day was encouraging bemused looking people to have a dip in my Vegan Love Pot!  My lists of vegan blogs and vegan recipe sites also disappeared very quickly too.  Right at the end of the day I saw a young girl scrolling through the Viva! Vegan Recipe Club website I had displayed on a tablet.  She seemed engrossed.  All very encouraging.

I can't say enough thanks to the lovely people at Cornwall Animal Action for organising such a great and popular event. Thanks also to Neil (Veganhead and creator of Vegan Laptop Lunchbox) for the photo of my stall. I would never have got around to taking a photo, so much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment