Monday 27 July 2015

Views From A Rainy Window

It has been tipping it down here in Cornwall and just in time for the start of the school summer holidays.  You have to feel for the tourists especially if they are camping, which many do around here.  It is so easy to feel angry at the weather; as if it is a person that is purposely being mean and awkward.  Once you accept that it is what it is, it is then not only easier to deal with but I personally start to see the beauty in it too.  After all, I won't have to water the garden today.
 
On the last couple of days of our recent trip to Brittany it rained too.  I spent some time staring out of the window of Miles the camper at the beach below wishing it would stop before I realised that I was staring past the beauty of it.  There in front of me on the window was a beautiful abstract of the scene below; I just needed to refocus by eyes to see it and my camera to capture it.

As the French novelist Marcel Proust once wrote; ‘The real voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new landscapes but in seeing with new eyes.’  I think this could be equally applied to travel, our journey through life and, of course, rainy summer days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment