Monday 16 February 2015

Short Movie by Laura Marling



Every now and then we like to write about music; being that it is as much a part of our life as being vegan.   I've written about Laura Marling in the past as I really love her music so when Phil told me this weekend that he had heard that she had a new album out I was really excited.  It's not out till 23rd March so a bit of a wait yet but I did find a couple of tracks to have a sneak listen to, including the title track 'Short Movie' with its beautiful animation.

It is easy to get carried away talking about music as if everybody else should 'get it' like you do.  I understand that is not always the case and indeed, have been at the other end of someone passionately expressing their love of a piece of music that just sounded like everything else to me. Music is an emotion and everybody has their own way of expressing and understanding emotions; it's all so individual.  

So all I can do is to say that Laura Marling's music is what I call 'music to write to' and indeed when I am writing in a creative way, I normally reach for one of her albums.  I'm not sure I can express it better than that and I know that there are people out there that will 'get that'.  I will also say that for me, Laura's music grew on me; it wasn't love at first listening.  I like it when music does that as it means that each time you listen to it you add a little more to the 'jigsaw'.  I can't wait to get going on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment