Sunday 18 August 2013

Punky Wooden Badger Feeder

 
We dug up this old root stump in our front garden a few months back and, because I found it quite an interesting shape, we had kept it laying around ever since.   It kind of reminds me of an emu with a Mohican sticking its tongue out.  Quite punk rock for a mere tree root.
 
Today I decided I was going to put it into operation as a badger/bird feeding station.  The plan is to deposit various goodies about its person for the badgers and birds to discover and enjoy.  As you can see, I've started it off with the waste pulp from another batch of blackcurrant cordial I made today.  I will also at some point try peanut butter and when our neighbour's apple tree starts being overabundant with its offerings I will spear them onto the Mohican too.  Whether it will withstand the onslaught of badgers remains to be seen but I'm sure tonight, when they arrive to take up their usual table reservation, there will be much curiosity over this new addition to the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment